Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bird in Need

Did you know Canada.. a friend of mine, Gingermommy, and her family are trying to rescue a bird in distress.

We just donated to help her get this beautiful Macaw out of the poor conditions it's living in and into her loving home. We hope you can dontate a few dollars as well. The following is her story..






We have had a very busy week. We recently started looking around on the web and researched some Macaws. They are really beautiful birds. Unfortunately not everyone cares for them like they deserve. These birds are very social and very loving. Our family has wanted to adopt one for quite some time even before watching the movie. 

We came across a bird that is in much need of a new home. He currently is being kept in a shed  where he has little to no contact. He has a light that is on a timer and a very limited diet. He has been neglected. He is labelled as untame but really he is just neglected. We very much want to adopt him and bring him to our home. This Macaw is less desirable to most people because he is not a baby and he has some issues. I believe that he will be happy and healthy removed from this owner. The cost of the bird is $500 which is low in comparison to most and there is additional costs for his cage and ongoing care. I wish I had the room and the money to take in every animal that we came across that needed love but we can not. This Macaw is special, he has really touched our hearts. 

When my husband saw him today, he actually fed him by hand and the bird showed signs of being happy and excited because he was getting the attention he thrives. I know with a little time and love he will be a great addition to our family. Currently he is stressed from his environment and has started plucking his feathers out. This is why we want to bring him home with us. We want him to be able to live a happy loving life. I have added a PayPal button to my blog. This is not something I normally would do. But I am asking for anything anyone can spare to help with these costs. We do not have extra money but we do have extra love and anything donated is appreciated. I am pulling every resource I can to adopt this Macaw. I will be posting pics of him and his progress as time goes on. I thank you all for your support in advance. 


As you can see he is a Blue and Gold Macaw. He has plucked his chest feathers out and is missing his toes on his one foot. This bird needs a loving home and attention. 
I would love to eventually be in contact with some toy manufacturers and pet stores for reviews too :) 
 I really hope we can get the money together to bring this Macaw to our home. He deserves a new family and a second chance. You can look forward to more posts about this Macaw here http://www.talesofarantingginger.com/

Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

SheBlogs Media