Sunday, November 6, 2011

Recipe: Toffee Spread

Did you know Canada.. I'm seeing a trend in my recipe posts, you must know by now I love toffee treats! This one is no exception. Originally from an old "Curling Club Ladies" recipe book of my Gramma's and I saw a similar recipe once on Pioneer Women, this must be an old fashion treat but I'm bring it back!!!

Toffee Spread

Ingredients
1C butter, softened
1 egg
1C brown sugar (packed)
2C flour
2t vanilla
1 pkg chocolate chips

Directions
Cream butter and sugar, mix in egg, flour and vanilla. Spread thinly on pan (hence the name I guess) (don't get too thin on the edge though or it will burn, depending on your cookie sheet size it's not likely to fill whole pan). I know you're going to be all this is WEIRD girl, but trust me, it's yummy!! Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350. Remove pan from oven and layer with chocolate chips. Return to oven for 1 minute so they melt (they won't look melted), pull out and spread the chocolate around. These freezer great so can be made ahead of time!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

SheBlogs Media