Friday, April 12, 2013

Canucks Rock: All Canadian Link Up! 04/13

Welcome to our weekly All Canadian Link Up!  This weekend and every weekend, Canucks Rock! with our All Canadian Link Up and Candid Canuck feature interview.  Brought to you by your hosts: Did you know Canada?, Tales of a Ranting Ginger and Maple Leaf Mommy!

This week's Candid Canuck is Shannon from Shannon's View from Here. Check out our interview with her..

What do you love most about blogging? 
I started blogging contests, coupons and freebies for a site that I was a regular visitor to.  I blogged coupons, deals and contests for close to two years when I started my own blog.  I wanted to explore blogging a little more and play with my creativity.  I started sharing family favorite recipes and crafts.  I am a proud co-host of Artsy Play Wednesday Link up Party where a new kid friendly craft is shared every week.  Eventually I started to work with brands.  I love the connections I have made with other bloggers and representatives of brands.  The surprising part to me was the community I found and fell in love with.

Is there a company you would love to work with that you have not yet? Why?
I have my eye on a couple of Canadian based tourism boards.  Travel Alberta, Hello B.C. and Visit Nova Scotia.   All the provinces actually are on my wish list!  Sharing family friendly destinations would be so much fun.  Working for an airline has its flight privileges and my family is adventurous enough to try anything!

How does your family see your blog? Do they "get" it or wonder what you are doing online all the time? 
My husband definitely gets it.  Don came along with me to She's Connected Conference last September to support me as well as learn the ropes himself.  He is cool like that.  My mom tells everyone I have a blog but I am not sure she fully gets it.  My daughters hand my business card everyone.  They have even suggested some blogging topics for me.  I am lucky that my family is very supportive.

If you could change one thing about your blog, what would it be? 
I love my design and colours.  I think I would change some back end things such as server or platforms.  Can you recommend someone?  :)

Where do you see your blog a year from now?
I hope to be writing more about family friendly Canadian travel.  I would love to share all of Canada with my kids, husband and readers.


Thanks so much Shannon!
Want to be one of our featured Canucks?  Sign up here.

Right now, link up your Canadian blog and social media accounts, find some new reads and new friends!

Click here to grab this linky for your site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

SheBlogs Media