Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Planning for the days ahead

Did you know Canada..  I am having a baby in TWO days!  That is, of course, if he doesn't decide to come before, and at this point, I would love it if he just goes with the plan.

Suddenly today I am having a few "Oh my goodness, I'm having a baby, I don't feel prepared" moments.  It's not the baby I'm not prepared for, it's the two children I already have!  When I had the boys I had all the time in the world.  No other responsibilities to anyone, it didn't matter how long I was staying in the hospital, or what day the baby came.  But now with 5 year olds there is school, hockey, cooking classes, we have 2 dogs at home that need to be cared for, bags to be packed, toys to be packed and more.

So today I find myself online shopping kids toy stores for Valentine's Day ideas, because that's coming up quick!  I also wanted to get the boys a small present for when the baby comes home, to celebrate them becoming big brothers.  I am also making a big shopping list for hubby to get in extra school lunches and snacks tomorrow, making lists and more lists about what's happening when, who has what car and thinking about what if's and, well, everything!

This is a day I am very grateful for the world we live in now, shopping on the internet, smart phones to keep in touch with family and friends, delivery men and video games to keep the boys busy while Mom freaks out.

How did you prepare your older children for a new baby's arrival?  Especially if you had a longer stay in the hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

SheBlogs Media