Monday, October 8, 2012

Our Kids Private School Expo #OKSchoolMem

Did you know Canada.. we are participating in the Private School Expo blog hop, and as part of that I wanted to share one of my own fond memories from the elementary years.

I attended a Montessori pre-school before attending Kindergarten, there was no JK in those days!

Amazing how being in my EARLY 30's I can still picture as clear as day the classroom, my friends, sitting at circle time talking about the weather, stringing beads for necklaces and more.

I was an only child and for some reason there were not a lot of kids on our street so I didn't have many playmates before I got to school, even now I remember being very shy when I first started at Montessori. I was lucky enough to have not one, but two girls, twins, who chose to befriend me during those first few nervous days. From that moment on we were inseparable for years, even after Montessori and heading to different grade schools. We were always the first attendants at each other's birthday parties, there were sleep overs and days at the park, feeling like another member of each others family. Though we eventually lost touch as children often do when they are not close by, I will cherish those days and my first real friends forever.

I hope my own twins have lifted someone's day at school as those girls did for me, and my twins already have their own (what I hope to be life long) friend they met in JK who already feels part of our family, these days of grade school friendships are the best. :-)


I'm participating in the Our Kids Private School Expo Blog Hop.  Yesterday's School Memories post  can be found at Downshifting.  Tomorrow, the fun is happening at MapsGirl.
Join the conversation!
Twitter: hashtag #OKSchoolMem
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/ourkidsnet

Stay tuned for Twitter Party Dates and times!

Looking for a Private School for your child?
Don’t miss Canada's most successful, best-attended Private School Expos.  They’re the easiest way to learn about private and independent schools.

  • Meet the leading private and independent schools and speak with current students and parents
  • Learn how to find the right private school for your child and explore different types of schools, educational philosophies and special programs
  • Find out about the admissions process, when to apply and what schools look for
  • Understand how to budget and receive information about scholarships, bursaries and tax credits

Montreal, SEPTEMBER 16
Calgary, SEPTEMBER 30
Halton-Peel, OCTOBER 14
Toronto, OCTOBER 20
Vancouver, NOVEMBER 11

Click here to register and receive free admission for a family of 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

SheBlogs Media