Friday, June 8, 2012

Toronto Plastic Bag Ban

Did you know Canada..  yesterday it was announced the Toronto City Council has voted to ban plastic grocery bags COMPLETELY in 2013.

I'm sure you are all used to paying 5 cents at many grocery and other retail stores across the nation for a plastic bag, well in Toronto they are getting rid of them completely.

So to reiterate this is for ALL retail stores in Toronto.  If you forgot to bring your reusable bags from home, I'm not sure what will happen.  Hopefully stores will have an alternative available like boxes?

I'm on the fence about this one, absolutely we need to protect our environment, I was okay with paying 5 cents a bag when I forgot my own or just wanted a few bags.  I mean I never throw them away, we reuse them for a million things - packing snacks, shoes, and wet swim clothes to name a few.  I also don't always bring reusable bags when shopping at speciality stores along a strip as one would often do in Toronto, it's such a tourist spot too, if you are staying in a hotel and without a car how would you carrying everything??

What's your take on it??


1 comment:

  1. I hope they'll start offering paper bags that can withstand the weight of the merchandise we buy... At least they would be more environmentally friendly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

SheBlogs Media