Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring Forward!

Did you know Canada.. Sunday is the start of Daylight Savings Time - turn the clocks ahead 1 hour. By the way, the idea of daylight savings time was first proposed by Benjamin Franklin in 1784.

For time itself, it was Scottish Canadian, Sir Sandford Fleming that invented Standard Time. After missing a train in 1876 in Ireland because its printed schedule listed p.m. instead of a.m., he proposed a single 24-hour clock for the entire world, based on the world globe meridian of Greenwich. Standard Time was accepted in North America in 1884.

So this Sunday you lose an hour of sleep but at least we gain an hour of day light!

11 comments:

  1. Spring forward. Can't believe it's that time of year again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep forgetting about this lol Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Same here!!! More sunlight is a good thing! :) Wow. Can't believe it's that time of the year already! :)

      Delete
  4. I can't believe how fast time has flew already this year. I'm so not looking forward to loosing an hour, but I am looking forward to Spring because it means Summer is around the corner! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I hate the time change! I just find it foolishness myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh crap! I totally forgot to put this handy tidbit into the church bulletin for this week.... oops and we aren't there. I hope not too many are an hour late for the guest speaker! lol :) my brain is already on vacation mode.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for spring forward!!! I barely sleep as is, so losing an hour is nothing to me. Hehe. Total #zombiemoms here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why oh why does it have to be the weekend that starts March Break? The kids are always so out of sorts when this happens!!! Thanks for the reminder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a great sleep last night and didn`t miss the lost hour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's only an extra hour for the people who don't get up early... I lost an hour in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

SheBlogs Media