Tuesday, July 24, 2012

LOWEST Crime Reporting Rate In History

Did you know Canada.. I read a surprising article in the National Post saying Statistics Canada is reporting the rate of crimes reported to Canadian police forces reached its lowest level in 40 years in 2011.

Another surprising quote was that this marked the eighth consecutive decrease in Canada’s crime rate.

Some other interesting facts included that Nunavut, N.W.T., the Yukon have highest province/territory crime rate, and Ontario, N.B. and P.E.I. have lowest crime rates by province/territory.  I personally would have thought Ontario would have a high crime rate with big cities like Toronto.

When you turn on the TV it seems like all types of crimes are on the rise, but it looks like we are getting tougher on crime - I hope this is the case, but I'm honestly not sure if I feel any safer.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

SheBlogs Media